Mr Bean actor and comedian Rowan Atkinson is set to become a father for the third time at the age of 62.
Atkinson’s 33-year-old girlfriend Louise Ford is expecting their first child together in the next few weeks. The couple met in 2012 when they acted together in West End comedy Quartermaine’s Terms.
Ford, who plays Kate Middleton in the Channel 4 comedy The Windsors, became public with their romance in 2014, after the comedian’s 25-year marriage to Sunetra Sastry crumbled.
Actress Ford has been pictured with a baby bump during a shopping trip in north London and the couple are reportedly delighted to be expecting. A source told the Mirror, “Rowan and Louise are over the moon and can’t wait for their new arrival. It’s a very happy time for them both.”
He shares two children with ex-wife Sunetra Sastry – 24-year-old son Benjamin, and 22-year-old daughter Lily. Although the comedian is famous worldwide for his role as Mr Bean and is listed as one of the 50 funniest actors in British comedy, not much is public about his personal life or even his children.
Here are a few lesser-known facts about Atkinson’s children
1. His firstborn Ben was accepted at Sandhurst military academy, the prestigious officers’ training school in 2016, where both Prince William and Prince Harry earned their military titles.
Sharing his acceptance news on Facebook, Ben showed his humorous side by writing, “Dunno what this letter is but apparently The Royal Military Academy want me to come and attend them. Sounds like fun.”
2. The Four Weddings and a Funeral actor’s daughter Lily is a burlesque dancer, who enjoyed a brief stint on London’s West End with a one-woman show titled Lily.
3. Lily played small roles in his films Mr Beans Holiday (2007) & Johnny English Reborn (2011) alongside her father.
4. Back in October, it was reported that the 22-year-old dancer had ditched the Atkinson surname and adopted her mother’s maiden name. An insider told Daily Mail at that time, “It’s a real mystery. Atkinson has been Lily’s name all her life, but she’s now dropped it and is styling herself as Lily Sastry.”
Hinting at a possible fallout with her father, the insider said, “I hope she hasn’t fallen out with her dad. The divorce was really hard for everyone in the family.”
5. Lily is active on Instagram under the handle @lilysastry, and as of 2017 has 45,000 followers. However, after changing her name, she deleted all her posts on Instagram over the past two years. – IBTimesUK