More than 4,000 Seberang Prai Evacuees have yet to return home four days after the massive flood on Saturday.
State secretary Datuk Seri Farizan Darus said that 4,223 victims are still housed at relief centres with 2,666 at Seberang Prai Utara and another 1,557 at Seberang Prai Tengah.
“A total of 52 relief centres are still operating to provide shelter to the victims as of 8pm,” he said in a statement on Wednesday.
The situation is expected to improve further owning to the fine weather.
Penangites experienced slight drizzle in the evening between 6pm and 8pm but it did not result in another bout of flooding.
Meanwhile, the underpass below the Seberang Jaya roundabout near Butterworth has been reopened for vehicles earlier this evening.
Jalan Lahar Yooi, heading towards Padang Menora, has also been reopened.-NST